Families Pastor: Now accepting applications
We are now taking applications for the role of Families Pastor.
To apply for the role , please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
About The Billabong
The Billabong is an evangelical Christian community whose mission is to live and love like Jesus. We seek to be a diverse, vibrant and outward reaching church that makes an impact on the community around us - our vision is to be a thriving family of God, transforming our communities. We meet for weekly Celebrations at what is known as 'The Billabong Community Centre' where various other church and community activities are held. Life groups and other programs and activities, including a number that are focusses on children and youth, are important extensions of the life of The Billabong.
The Billabong is a congregation of the Uniting Church in Australia and a member of the PNEUMA Evangelical network of churches. More information on our beliefs can be found here.
What is the role of our Families Pastor?
The Billabong has a heart to see children and teenagers become passionate followers of Jesus and help parents and families foster effective faith development in the home. Our Families Pastor is responsible for a holistic approach to discipleship in young families, overseeing but not limited to the children's ministries of The Billabong. A full job description is included below.
This role is 3 or 4 days per week (negotiable) and we are seeking applicants with some theological training and ministry experience.
Applications close 7th April 2019.
Summary of Position: This position exists to grow a culture of discipleship in young families at The Billabong and lead programs and equip the members of the church for effective ministry to young families in the Canning Vale community and beyond. It shall be based at The Billabong Uniting Church and work as part of the Ministry Team* equipping the congregation to achieve its mission.
Reporting and Key Working Relationships
- Reports to the church council (elders)
- Works directly alongside and as part of the Ministry Team
- Guided/directed by the Minister
1. Worship, Witness and Service
- Develop and lead The Billabong’s children’s ministry, gathering together and working alongside our volunteers, co-ordinating rosters and equipping leaders through discipleship, training and mentoring. Delivery of children’s Sunday programs at least once per fortnight.
- Develop and build family networks within The Billabong, co-ordinating programs to assist parents in the discipleship of their children and equip other volunteers to lead and run effective Christian programs for young families.
- Ensure strong links between The Billabong Vision/Mission and existing outward facing programs such as the Playgroup and Amplify (youth group), ensuring the Church Council remain aware of the direction and needs of these programs and that such programs are adequately resourced.
- Actively participate in Sunday Celebrations, particularly all age Celebrations and weekly elements such as the ‘family-time’/kids spot, children-inclusive prayers, communion and testimonies.
2. Leadership & Discipleship Development
- Become actively involved in the community life of the congregation through participation in a life group and the community activities of The Billabong.
- Exercise adequate self care through daily, weekly and seasonal rest and professional supervision and life coaching.
- Work closely alongside the leaders of other ministries to young people (eg. Playgroup, Youth Group) to ensure smooth transitions as children grow up in the church;
- Allow the Spirit to guide them and the Ministry Team in identifying opportunities and setting priorities for children and young families ministry that may change from time to time.
3. Administration & Reporting
- Meet with the Ministry Team and/or Minister once per week and attend other meetings as required from time-to-time;
- Work from The Billabong Community Centre at all paid work times aside from pastoral meetings/events off site or as agreed by the Minister;
- Provide the Church Council with a monthly report on progress of activities outlined in the role responsibilities.